MANY people are taking the Leeds 10-year challenge to help chart the city’s transformation over the past decade.
Here at Milners solicitors, we thought we would join in the momentum and do the same.
Leeds, like the legal sector, has changed significantly without many of us realising – and so has Milners.
We originally opened as solicitors in Leeds in 1897 – the same year that Elland Road, home to Leeds United, hosted its first match. And ever since then we have been determined to broaden and develop our legal expertise – none more so than in the last decade.
Here, solicitor Elizabeth Shaduwa, from our Property team, took up the challenge of looking back on our legal journey over the past decade.
· We’ve expanded – in more ways than one. Ten years ago, Milners had two Partners and now have six Partners. Not only have we increased the number of employees, we also cover more areas of law including Litigation, Employment and Property and have dedicated, experienced lawyers in all our legal teams.
· We’ve opened new offices. Milners began as one office in Leeds and now has offices in Upton, near Pontefract, and in Harrogate.
· We’ve upgraded our Leeds office. A decade ago, our Leeds office was based at Great George Street and we’ve now moved to a larger, more modern office in the heart of the business quarter at Whitehall Waterfront. Following the takeover of Nicholls and Co solicitors in 2017, and originally being based on Mayfield Terrace. Milners celebrated the 1st anniversary in Harrogate by moving to a central key position in Harrogate on Princes Square.
· We’ve changed our branding. The previous branding for Milners was becoming somewhat tired, and we wanted to ensure that our emblem reflected the changes that Milners has undertaken. The current brand is symbolic of two people “holding hands” to echo our ethos of guiding clients along their legal path – in life and in business.
· We’ve gone social. Our clients can contact us in a number of different ways through social media. All our teams ensure that they are up-to-date with the latest technology to keep all our clients abreast of the latest news and views as it may affect them, and we strive to keep ourselves in the headlines.
· We’ve listened. A lot of change has been brought about by the comments and feedback that we’ve had from our new and continuing clients. Thank you!
As one of the longest-established solicitors in Leeds, we look forward to our next legal chapter.
Milners aims to continue to grow and expand and may even have doubled in the next 10 years. Follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook – and watch us on the next stage of our legal journey.
You can reflect on your own past 10 years and take the 10-year challenge too, by visiting this link